We are here to help you through it right now but…
We want to show you how to stop most future issues!
So fix your issue, grab a cup of coffee and have a look at how we can help you
- Dispenser is not working at all.
- If system is electrical dispenser, make sure system is securely plugged in. If so, check your breaker box.
- Be sure CO2 tank is not empty.
- Make sure system is turned on. Usually a key switch on the side of dispenser.
- Pump is continuously pumping.
- Find which pump is pumping and follow the product supply line / syrup inlet connection (See Image 1 below), usually a clear hose, to the bag that is connected to this pump. Then make sure bag is not empty.
- Your bag connector may not be attached to the bib syrup bag. If the connector is securely attached and that not being the problem, try one of the following:
- Replace with new bag n box.
- With a sanitary towel and/or food service gloves, press the nipple valve on the end of the bag connector, the part that goes into the flavor bag (see Image 2 below), until pumping stops. Sometimes all it takes is a quick press of the nipple.
- If a flavor is empty and no backup and step 2 does not solve the issue, drop the connector into a bucket of potable (drinkable) water. This will pull water in until the system is pressurized and pump will stop. You may need to depress the nipple valve (see Image 2 below), so water can enter.
- If nothing above works, loosen CO2 supply line swivel clip (See Image 1 below. Clip is what holds gas inlet fitting to the pump) and remove the CO2 supply line all together. 99% of the time the CO2 supply line, from the pump, will have an automatic shutoff which will engage upon disconnect and stop gas flow. This will save you from draining CO2 bottles. (See Image 1 Below)
- Products are brown or off color.
- Check to see if product is in date.
- If in date, run product through system until color is back to standard.
- Dispensed drink has small dark particulates.
- Remove dispensing nozzle/s and clean the nozzle and everything that is under nozzle – the exposed valve – using a sanitary, small brush and towel to clean fully.
- Soda is flat.
- Make sure carbonator is plugged in securely and operational.
- Check to make sure your CO2 tank is not empty.
- Make sure your ice bin is filled with ice. No ice = warm syrup = flat drink.
- Check the calibration/brix. If not correct ratio, calibrate to correct ratio… the ratio is generally printed on box/flavor label (i.e. 1+5 or 4+1).
- You hear a hissing sound near product rack.
- Make sure the CO2 bottle is connected tightly to the pressure gauge.
- Make sure the O-ring is in place between the CO2 bottle and pressure gauge.
- If coming from a product pump.
- Make sure CO2 supply line going to pumps is secured tightened to product pump (see Image 1 – gas inlet).
- If secure and pump makes a steady hiss(not normal pumping sound), you can loosen CO2 supply line clip and remove the supply line all together. 99% of the time the CO2 supply line will have an automatic shutoff which will engage upon disconnect. Again, this will save you from draining CO2 bottles.
- If CO2 is constantly running from the gas release stem (See Image 1), the pump diaphragm is blown and pump needs replacement. While waiting for replacement, loosen CO2 supply line clip and remove the supply line all together.
- Your system is only dispensing syrup. No water or carbonated water.
- Check to make sure water source has not been turned off.
- Be sure carbonator is plugged in.
- If you can, follow water source and check for kinks in water line.
- If carbonator tries to run but will not pull water, you will most likely need a new procon pump (brass pump on carbonator). You can buy refurbished procon pumps and save money. Ask your parts provider, if they have refurbished procon pumps
By The BCC (BevClean Certified Cleaned) Team
Once you fix your issue, we encourage you to take some time on BevClean’s site, as we have designed a great deal of the content around:
- Delivering a perfect drink every drink
- Marketing your fountain program
- Growing your most profitable product line
- Decreasing related costs
- Building on what keeps most large chains profitable and in business
- Reinvigorating fountain drink enthusiasm
We have been in this industry since 1993 and have a bunch to offer. Indeed, we can make you a lot more money and carve out a lot of cost.
Again, Avoid Last Minute #$%^&
We show you how to stop issues, serve better drinks and grow your most profitable items’ sales!
Click The Service Stopper Button
If you should have any questions or problems, please leave us as much detail as you can that we may respond with an adequate assessment.
Detail is important, as we get a lot of questions with no detail and it’s very difficult to respond to those with an intelligent answer.
Thank You. Looking forward to helping! We are working on putting together a service forum for industry collaboration.